Towing and Recovery Incentive Program (TRIP)
Georgia’s Towing and Recovery Incentive Program (TRIP) was implemented in metro Atlanta to facilitate improved management of large-scale commercial vehicle incidents. These large-scale incidents can significantly affect traffic in the region, causing long motorist delays, polluting the air, and creating safety hazards. TRIP encourages the quick, safe clearance of these incidents by paying performance incentives to highly-skilled, TRIP-certified towing and recovery companies for clearing wrecks within established clearance goals.
TOWING AND RECOVERY INCENTIVE PROGRAM (TRIP)
REDUCING THE IMPACT OF COMMERCIAL VEHICLE INCIDENTS IN ATLANTA!
TRIP Application Process
Any towing/recovery companies that are interested in participating in TRIP must submit an application to the program managers according to the steps provided in the TRIP Application. Applications are accepted every two (2) years only beginning in November. Note the following schedule:
- Open enrollment period starts: November 1, 2021
- Application Deadline: November 29, 2021 at noon EST
- Manager application review, company corrections, re-submittals (if necessary): December, 2021
- Manager inspections and route assignments: January – March, 2022
- Route Activations: April 1, 2022